Undertale text box generator
Do you have any questions or suggestions? We have a Discord server!
Create your own Undertale text boxes with any character, expression and text!
Confused? Go to the textbox's help page for a quick tutorial in all of the textbox functions such as coloring words.
Do you want your AU in the generator? Submit it through this form and I will review it.
If you use this generator somewhere (for example, in a "ask X" blog) I'd appreciate a lot that you linked to this page somewhere. It's not required to do so to use this generator, though.Developer info
You can follow the development status on Trello.
7.2.11 | 31-12-2020
- The "check for updates" button works as expected again.
7.2.10 | 28-10-2020
- Fixed the bug that made backgrounds a lighter shade of black when uploading transparent pictures to use in the generator.
7.2.9 | 17-06-2020
- Optimized the changelog internally.
- The way images are uploaded has changed. The sprites uploaded through the generator will be deleted periodically, but uploading them is faster and less buggy.
The change in the way uploading images works has been applied to the whole website, it's not an exclusive feature of the generator.
7.2.8 | 02-06-2020
- Fixed a bug introduced in the previous version that made colored sprites not work.
- Fixed a bug that made the text not move back when the asterisk was disabled.
7.2.7 | 31-05-2020
- Fixed visual bug with transparent images.
7.2.6 | 12-03-2020
- From now on sprites that exceed the maximum size but its width is a multiple of 67 or height of 70 will not appear blurry.
7.2.5 | 02-03-2020
- Disabled dithering. It was intended to make big pictures look better, but it was messing with colored sprites.
7.2.4 | 24-02-2020
- Added a loading icon on top of the text box.
- Fixed the rainbow command (color=rainbow).
- Fixed the shadow for white asterisks in Dark World (Deltarune) mode.
7.2.3 | 19-02-2020
- Because of a patch that permanently solved the bug that caused the february 9 disaster the animated GIF creation has been optimized and the generation speed time is considerably smaller.
- A refactoring of the generator's code has begun to optimize it and solve bugs.
7.2.2 | 10-12-2019
- Fixed a bug that made the generator stop working when certain characters were typed into the "creator" field of some custom character.
7.2.1 | 27-09-2019
- The option to hide the asterisk works again.
7.2.0 | 24-09-2019
- Changed the way colors work. You can now edit the selected color when you select "custom color".
- The text box log has changed: the text of the boxes is no longer saved. Saved texts have been deleted. Uploaded images' links are no longer logged either.
7.0.0 | 06-09-2019
- Added Best Boi in Characters (Extra).
- Added Undyne the undying in Undertale.
- Added the "custom color" option in the color selectors. When selected, it allows you to use a color picker.
- Rewritten and optimized the code responsible to switch between normal sprites, using from url and upload files.
6.9.0 | 29-06-2019
- Added "serious" and "wink" expressions to Tubertale!Chara. They were added in the 6.8.0 update but they weren't enabled.
- TS!Underswap Mettacrit's sprites have been updated.
- TS!Underswap Mettacrit has new expressions: "confused", "unamused", "nervous" and "what".
6.7.0 | 05-03-2019
- When selecting Jevil (Deltarune) you're now informed about him talking in uppercase.
- Owner of Revenge changed from Samuel Wolfgang to Pootstablook.
- Fixed a typo in the search feature of the content packs list.
- Interrogaton (Demitale Everyoneton default expression) no longer gives an error.
- Error text box no longer uses the old Demi sprite and has a spanish translation.
- Sprite previews now change their color when you select one.
6.8.0 | 05-03-2019
- Tubertale Jack's sprites have been updated.
- Tubertale Jack's "annoyed" expression renamed to "yelling".
- Tubertale Marzia's sprites have been updated.
- Tubertale Chara's sprites have been updated.
6.6.0 | 01-03-2019
- Sprites uploaded through the administrator will no longer have colorable background (it fixes the mistake that caused the bug if present in the sprite).
- Fixed the colorable background bug in all of TS!Underswap sprites.
- Added Training Dummy to Undertale.
- Added Mad Dummy to Undertale.
- Added Mettaton NEO to Undertale.
- Added Asriel (God of Hyperdeath) to Undertale.
- Added Asriel (Final form) to Undertale.
- Added Kris to Deltarune (with colored sprites).
- Added the Demitale AU to Crossovers.
Some of the sprites added in Undertale could be replaced by original ones at some point as there were no talksprites for them and battle heads were used.
6.5.0 | 28-02-2019
- Seymour Skinner removed from Extra Characters following the owner's request.
- Spep is working once more (fixed the multi layer bug).
- Deltarune's box no longer makes the text and sprites appear slightly off center.
- Added the "Crossovers" category and moved all the universes with characters from outside of Undertale there.
- Added Demiverse to Crossovers and moved Demi, Bloodeh, Kean and Brick from Extra Characters there.
6.4.1 | 27-02-2019
- Deltarune Chaos King's expression "Defeated" is now properly capitalized.
- TS!Undertale Sans' expressions "Looking away" and "Looking away 2" now display the correct title instead of the codename.
- The universe Name The Fallen is now properly capitalized.
- Fanonswap Carrot's expression "Default" now displays the correct title.
Special thanks to Shyren on Discord for discovering all these errors.
6.4.0 | 22-02-2019
- Updated TS!Underswap Temmies' sprites and added new ones.
- Added new expressions to TS!Underswap Asgore.
- Updated TS!Underswap Mad Dummy's sprites.
- Updated TS!Underswap Mettacrit's sprites.
- Updated TS!Underswap Papyrus's sprites.
- Updated TS!Underswap Crossbones' sprites.
- Updated TS!Underswap Sans' sprites and added new ones.
6.3.0 | 20-02-2019
- A character editor for the Undertale generators has been added, only available for users with the editor role. It allows adding and editing characters into the generator, which will make spriters / AU creators able to manage their creations by themselves in a fast and easy way, which will encourage the addition of new AUs and characters more frequently. It also transformed my job from a nightmare to a couple of clicks.
- Classic Tubertale Nogla sprites have been updated.
- Tiny Box Tim has been added to Classic Tubertale.
- Chara has been added to Classic Tubertale.
- Marzia has been added to Classic Tubertale.
- Jack has been added to Classic Tubertale.
- Mark has been added to Classic Tubertale.
- Undyne now has colored sprites.
- The generator's sprite preview will always be up to date from now on.
- Catti was added to Deltarune.
- Jockington was added to Deltarune.
- Added Earthbound box.
6.2.0 | 07-02-2019
- Jevil added to Deltarune.
6.1.0 | 18-01-2019
- Custom sprites no longer need to meet certain conditions to be colorable with the "sprite color" option. Even though, to be properly colored, they must be of only one shade of white.
- Remembrance moved from his own category to Disbelief as it's a Disbelief take.
- Dissonant Harmonies has been disabled (no updates, doesn't follow the rules).
- Fallen monsters has been disabled (abandoned universe).
6.0.1 | 17-01-2019
- Added some fixes and improvements to the way animations work.
- Exclamation marks (!) and interrogants (?) now cause a long pause, just like periods (.).
- Characters that cause a long pause will only do so if they are the last character of a word.
- Line breaks with asterisk will now cause a long pause.
- Transparency now works on animated boxes.
- The random sprites that show up around the site's title will no longer appear with incorrect formats or colors.
- Fixed the bug that made the original Undertale box and any that had a flat exterior transparent in the inside.
6.0.0 | 16-01-2019
- Welcome one of the most requested features: animated text boxes! At the moment nothing about them can be configured and transparency is not allowed, but they work.
- You can now change the format of the generated boxes to PNG or GIF. If you set it to GIF you will have the option to animate it.
- Chaos King was added to Deltarune with colored and colorable sprites.
- Kean's sprites have been slightly updated.
- Demi has three new expressions.
- Demi and Kean (Extra) now have colored sprites available.
5.3.0 | 15-01-2019
- New coloring mechanic: Dark World characters will now have the color "colored" selected by default, and changing that to another color will convert the sprite to black and white and paint it with the desired color when used in the box. Some characters will have the "colored" option enabled and you will be able to use them in full color. At the moment there's no characters with that option available, but some will get it soon.
- The transparency problem has been fixed.
- Demi's expressions have been updated.
- The problem with Ralsei (no hat) was fixed.
5.2.1 | 10-01-2019
- The buttons over the title have changed.
- The bug that required to click the box stack button twice to make it appear has been solved.
- The text in the stacked boxes list is no longer encoded.
- The box stacker no longer crashes when you remove all the boxes.
- The box list in the stacker no longer appears nex to the "add box" button when empty.
- The "type" dropdown in the box selector in the generator has been hidden as it has no purpose yet.
5.2.0 | 04-01-2019
- Fixed a bug that showed a position selector that was only supposed to show up in the scene mockup generator.
- From now on, the take and expression selectors will not show up if there's only one option to select to save space.
- The generated boxes are in PNG format once more, but you can change the extension to make it a static GIF.
5.1.2 | 20-12-2018
- Fixed a bug that made some boxes' background transparent under certain conditions.
- Changed the format of the generated box from png to gif. Even if they are gifs, it's still static images.
- The name of the image has also changed from undertale_box.png to undertale_text_box.gif, but any link to the old name will be redirected to the new one.
- The error that didn't allow changing modes while using the generator through a third party app has been fixed.
5.1.1 | 19-12-2018
- Fixed the bug that made the Dark World mode only usable in the Deltarune box.
- The credits have been split into the creator of the character itself and the different kinds of sprites so they show up accordingly in the different generators. In case there's a user linked to the creator name, the name under the sprites will be a link to their profile.
5.1.0 | 18-12-2018
- The box stacker now allows almost unlimited boxes.
- The box stacker can have more than one column.
- Fixed a bug that provoqued an error when coloring certain boxes.
- When uploading images through the generator there will be more attempts before showing an error, making it a lot more stable.
- From now on all the images uploaded to the site will be logged to make the error diagnostic easier and to be able to calculate the usage of the Imgur API of the site's users.
5.0.1 | 14-12-2018
- Fixed a misunderstanding with Rouxls Kaard's sprites: the "smile" sprites were replaced with "talking" ones as the first didn't exist and looked like that due to an error when saving the sprites.
- The title of the page was updated to include Deltarune.
5.0.0 | 13-12-2018
- The mode selector is here! You can now swap between the regular and the Dark World (deltarune) mode. The Dark World mode adds shadows behind the text and transforms colored text into gradients. It works in every color and avaliable font.
- A bunch of new dialogue lines with characters from the Dark World were added to the random box button and will show up when the Dark World mode is selected.
- Added Noelle to Deltarune.
- Added Berdly to Deltarune.
- Added Rouxls Kaard to Deltarune.
- The bug that made the boxes not colorable has been solved.
- The spoiler warning for Deltarune was removed.
4.13.0 | 10-12-2018
- Now text boxes can be slightly bigger than usual, allowing designs with parts that go outside of the rectangle.
- Added the Deltarune text box.
- Replaced the gray box around the text box with a shadow.
4.12.0 | 27-11-2018
- Added Lancer in Deltarune.
- The dialogue for Skinner, Ugandan Knuckles and Tide Pod has been removed from the randomly generated boxes.
- I adjusted some things to prepare the generator for the Dark World Mode.
4.11.0 | 13-11-2018
- Added DarkPrince in Deltarune.
- Added Ralsei in Deltarune.
- Added Ralsei (chapter 1 ending) in Deltarune.
4.10.0 | 11-11-2018
- Added the Deltarune universe [SPOILER ALERT].
- Added Deltarune!Toriel.
- Added Deltarune!Alphys.
- Added Deltarune!Susie.
- Removed Slowking Mimikyu from Extras as a request from the author.
4.9.0 | 03-11-2018
- Updated TS!Asgore's sprites.
- Updated TS!Crossbones' sprites and added new expressions.
- Added Koffin K to TS!Underswap.
- Removed Sanic from Extras as a request from the author.
From now on, the version numbers will be used the right way. The first one will represent big updates, the second one new content and the last one bug fixes.
4.8.5 | 17-10-2018
- Moved Underswap+ Sans and Papyrus to A2E's Underswap.
- Added Sans to Underswap+.
- Added Papyrus to Underswap+.
- Added the MadKean expression to Madman (Extra | Memes).
- Added the Smug expression to TS!Underswap Sans.
- Added the Smug expression to TS!Underswap Crossbones.
4.8.4 | 16-10-2018
- Updated all TS!Underswap Papyrus sprites.
- Renamed TS!Underswap Super Sans to Crossbones.
- Updated all TS!Underswap Crossbones sprites.
- Added TS!Underswap Sans.
- Added FNAStale's box.
- Added Classic Tubertale's box.
4.8.3 | 02-10-2018
- Updated all TS!Underswap Asgore sprites.
- Updated all TS!Underswap Mettacrit sprites.
- Updated all TS!Underswap Mad Dummy sprites.
4.8.2 | 27-09-2018
- Fixed a bug that made no character show up if the expression wasn't specified when the generator was being used through a third party app (like a Discord bot).
4.8.1 | 24-09-2018
- Fixed the help page for developers.
- Updated the help page: the tutorial now includes how to change the text color in the middle of a word, an updated list of the universes and a table of contents to browse the page easily.
4.8.0 | 18-09-2018
- Added category support for custom characters.
- Fixed a bug that made the boxes not colorable.
- Fixed a bug that listed characters without sprites and empty universes.
- Fixed some of the sprites that couldn't be colored. I will check all of them soon.
At the same time this generator has been updated, the custom character editor has been updated as well. Check out the news, or go to your profile to access it ("Undertale content packs") and see it by yourselves.
4.7.2 | 03-09-2018
- Some internal changes have been made to prepare custom boxes, which will be compatible with all the Undertale Generators.
- From now on, you can only request AUs if you have an account in the site.
4.7.1 | 31-08-2018
- A bunch of internal changes have been made to fuse the databases of all the Undertale generators. This may cause characters to show up where they shouldn't for a few days.
4.7.0 | 30-08-2018
- Added Spongetale (suggested through the AU submission form).
- Added Patrick and Spongebob to Spongetale.
- Fixed the lack of color in Toriel's eyes.
- Added 17 new expressions for Toriel.
- Added Steamed Tales (suggested through the AU submission form), but it's not working yet.
I'm aware of the bugs the generator has at the moment (like the lack of translations). All of these will be fixed with a big internal update that will happen soon.
4.6.0 | 16-07-2018
- Fixed a bug that made the selection of a universe besides Undertale impossible.
- Added the "take" menu, which replaces the sub-aus inside of the character lists and makes them more clear and compact.
- Moved all Underswap+'s sprites to Kalinswap as Kalin is no longer part of the team.
- Moved all A2E Underswap's sprites to Underswap+ as they are part of the project now.
- Removed A2E's Underswap as all its sprites are now in Underswap+.
4.5.6 | 03-07-2018
- Fixed a bug that made the first expression of custom characters of the user be the only one that showed up.
4.5.5 | 02-07-2018
- Fixed a bug that made ads appear in the middle of the menu of the generator.
- Fixed a bug that made the expression list not appear.
Update that just fixes a couple of important bugs that appeared along the latest update of the site. A bigger update is on its way, but the next website update is a priority as the generator will use functions that will be implemented with said update in the future.
4.5.4 | 16-05-2018
- Updated Jack and Nogla's sprites (Surge Tubertale).
- Added Vanoss and Delirious to Surge Tubertale.
4.5.3 | 23-04-2018
- Corrected the asterisk wrongly activated by default on Fanonswap!Blueberry and Revenge!Papyrus.
- Added a warning about Undertale!Grillby speaking in lowercase.
- Removed the uppercase warning on Undertale!MettatonEX and Underswap+!NapstabotFX.
- A bunch of TO-DO things added to Trello.
Got just a little bit of time to fix a few issues. Not enough to add new stuff, though. Sorry about that.
4.5.2 | 26-03-2018
- Fixed a bug that showed the "looking at camera" variation of "raised erebrow" on the regular expression on Underswap+ Sans.
- Removed Primus!Underfell Toriel's old design from the generator as requested from the team.
4.5.1 | 22-03-2018
- The random box button now can generate small boxes and boxes with borders.
4.5.0 | 12-03-2018
- Removed the colors on the version numbers as it looked horrible.
- Updated A2E's Underswap Sans' crying sprite.
- Added A2E's Underfell with Sans and Papyrus.
- Updated Underswap+ Sans' sprites. Removed pissed and added raised eyebrow, confused and heart eyes expressions.
- Updated Underswap+ Papyrus' sprites. Removed looking-up and closed eyes, and added a bunch of new expressions and variations.
- Added new expressions for Underswap+ Flowey.
- Fixed a bunch of bugs related to default fonts/cases and expression names (thanks for reporting all these, ThePikachuPirata!)
4.4.10 | 07-03-2018
- Added Kean in Extras.
4.4.9 | 02-03-2018
- Added Broken Memories Chara.
- Added Broken Memories Amanda.
- Added dynamic colors to the version number in the site that change depending on the version number.
4.4.8 | 01-03-2018
- Added a bunch of fixes for Firefox. However, Chrome is recommended.
- The random box button works on all browsers. It also gives a warning if you try to download the image without adding text.
- The preview sprite is no longer blurry on Firefox.
4.4.7 | 27-02-2018
- Added previews for your sprites (before uploading them) and links.
- Changed the default previews for custom URLs and files.
4.4.6 | 26-02-2018
- Classic Underswap, Underswap+ and A2E's Underswap got separated descriptions in the help page.
- Shaded Ground's (Underfell) story added to the help page.
- Added Shaded Ground Sans.
4.4.5 | 18-02-2018
- Updated the name ILLUMM to Dekania in the credits.
- Replaced the asterisk in the Earthbound font to match the symbol used ingame.
4.4.4 | 17-02-2018
- Updated the name Kae to Kitts in the credits.
- Updated Distrust's name to Underswap Disbelief, as the name Distrust wasn't canon.
4.4.3 | 12-02-2018
- Moved Sans (Dissonant Harmonies)'s sprites a few pixels down and added two new expressions.
- Surge!Tubertale Nogla has been updated with his new design.
- Ness (Extra)'s sprites were replaced.
- Jack added in Surge!Tubertale.
- Replaced Underfell Papyrus and added new expressions.
4.4.2 | 09-02-2018
- Updated Team Switched Underswap Sans' sprites and added a few new expressions.
- Updated the Comic Sans font to make it more faithful to Undertale's. There might be some missing characters, this will be solved in a future update.
4.4.1 | 05-02-2018
- Added Seymour Skinner to extras.
- Updated the credits section. From now on, it will use the database to ensure every single person involved in the generator is credited.
4.4.0 | 02-02-2018
- Improved the case warning of the 4.3.7 update.
- Added the AU Distrust (Underswap Disbelief) in Disbelief.
- Added Distrust Sans.
- Removed some expressions from Underswap Sans to move them to Distrust Sans.
- Added the AU Dissonant Harmonies.
- Added Knochen Konig to Dissonant Harmonies.
- Added Toriel in Sudden Changes.
- Added the AU Surge!Tubertale.
- Added Nogla in Tubertale.
4.3.7 | 01-02-2018
- Added a notice that warns you in case of a character speaking a certain way, like Sans and Papyrus.
4.3.6 | 31-01-2018
- Added Ugandan Knuckles to extras.
- I'm sorry for the lack of updates, something big is coming.
4.3.5 | 24-01-2018
- Updated Underfell Sans' sprites.
- Added two new expressions to Underfell Sans: "funny" and "semi closed eyes".
4.3.4 | 21-01-2018
- Added the universe Name The Fallen.
- Added Papyrus to Name The Fallen.
- Added a new default message (Deacon).
4.3.3 | 19-01-2018
- Added Sanic Hotdoge in extra.
- Improved Papyrus' letter spacing.
- Made the changelog prettier (at least it looks prettier to me).
4.3.2 | 18-01-2018
- Removed MadTown (extra).
- Removed Overlord (extra).
- Rearranged the order of the extra section.
- Renamed some of Toriel's (Undertale) expressions.
- Added the alias "super-sans" and "supersans" to TS!Underswap Sans.
- Added Tumblr Anon to extras.
- Added Shaded Ground Toriel.
- Removed Herobrine.
4.3.1 | 17-01-2018
- Added a new expression for Brick (extra): "Looking at camera".
- Renamed EmeraldHead (extra) to EmeraldMii.
- Added Emerald to extras to replace an older character.
- Added Deacon to extras to replace an older character.
- Updated Green's (extra) sprites.
- Kean says I shouldn't be updating this at work. Shut up, Kean.
4.3.0 | 15-01-2018
- You can now see a preview of the selected box.
- Added the universe Shaded Ground in the Underfell group.
- Added Shaded Ground Flowey.
- Changed a bit the generator's design on mobile: now the previews will stay at the right instead of becoming centered in a new line.
- The asterisk checkbox was removed and integrated inside of the color picker. The white color has been replaced with "enable asterisk", and "disable asterisk" was added right below.
- Thinking about changing the octagonal box's name to "Kalin's wet dream".
4.2.0 | 14-01-2018
- The way boxes work has changed, forcing the sprite (no matter the size of the sprite nor the shape of the box) to always be under it.
- Added Shaded Ground's box.
- Added Surge!TuberTale's box.
4.1.1 | 11-01-2018
- All of Demi (extra)'s sprites were updated so they look at a side and not at the camera.
- Bloodeh (extra)'s sprite has been updated.
- Brick added in Extra.
- Fixed a bug that made some of Demi's expressions not colorable.
- Added a new expression for Demi: couraged.
4.1.0 | 10-01-2018
- Added a log of the generated boxes. This will be useful to generate stadistics and will help when it comes to solving problems with the box generation and/or bugs.
- Fixed small bug that didn't color the text if "color=" wasn't all lowercase. (Bug discovered thanks to the log)
4.0.6 | 08-01-2018
- Added a new expression for Underswap Sans (Crossed eyes).
- Updated all of Underswap Papyrus' sprites.
- Added a bunch of new expressions for Underswap Papyrus ("pissed", "surprised", "confused", "looking up", "raised eyebrow", "disguised") and removed some of them as well ("sad", "laugh", "googly eyes", "crying") as they didn't fit the redesign.
- You can now generate a box pressing CTRL + ENTER.
4.0.5 | 04-01-2018
- The code that displays a couple of random sprites by the sides of the Undertale Text Box Generator's title has been improved a lot. It doesn't show non-existent characters nor removed sprites anymore.
- The author of the Disbelief Papyrus sprites has been corrected.
- Monster Friends Whimsie's sprites have been updated.
- Added 4 new expressions for Monster Friends Mopsy.
4.0.4 | 28-12-2017
- A2E Underswap and Green Brand Underswap now have their own category inside the Underswap group.
- Underswap Sans sprites were updated.
- Corrected a gramatical error in the Discord announcement.
4.0.3 | 27-12-2017
- Added the universe Broken Memories.
- Added Broken Memories Frisk.
- Removed The Silent's box.
- Re-enabled the Remembrance universe.
- Updated all Remembrance Sans sprites.
- Added Remembrance Papyrus.
- Boxes are now loaded from the database.
- Disabled Primus Underfell Sans and Papyrus.
- Added octagonal box.
4.0.2 | 21-12-2017
- Reenabled the expressions of the extra characters Vinix, MadTown, Blue, Overlord, Slowking Mimikiu, Antho, Thunders, Xtended, Gabe, Ness, Sanic Brand Spep, PATRICK, B, Madman and Papru
- Added a button to access the new developer page.
4.0.1 | 18-12-2017
- Fixed a bug where Underswap Sans' pissed expression used the angry sprite when generating a box.
- Fixed a bug where Asriels' couraged expression used the sad sprite when generating a box.
- Corrected the letter spacing in the Determination font.
- Added a box stacker that lets you merge up to 4 boxes in the same picture. The button to open it is at the footer.
- Replaced Underfell Sans' sprites and re-enabled his expressions.
4.0.0 | 14-12-2017
- The character selection system has been completelly rewritten. It's an internal change, so you won't notice much of a difference, but it will make my work WAY easier (and that means more good stuff for you).
- A bunch of new alias for characters and expressions were added, which can be used when using the generator with external tools. You will learn more about it when the new developer mode comes in the next update.
- Undertale and Undertale (custom) were merged.
- Added Mettaton (box) in Undertale.
- Added Temmie in Classic Underswap.
- Added Flowey in Classic Underswap.
- Updated the sprites for Classic Underswap Sans and added a couple of new expressions.
- Updated the sprites for Classic Underswap Papyrus and added a bunch of new expressions.
- Added a bunch of new expressions for Primus Underfell Flowey.
- Added a bunch of new expressions for Primus Underfell Toriel.
- Added a bunch of new expressions for Suddenchanges Alphys.
- The Remembrance universe was disabled temporally. It will come back in the next update.
- A bug with the Determination font that made it not behave as a monospace font has been fixed.
- The line break was improved a little bit, but it still has some problems. In the next update, I'll rewrite the word size detection system to make it 100% accurate.
- Now you can see the name of the creator of the selected sprite right below its preview.
- Custom characters now have a default font, as well as an option to activate the asterisk (or not) by default.
- The developer mode was disabled, cause a new site that will do the same (but better) will be avaliable soon.
3.0.0 | 21-11-2017
- The layout of the page has been updated a little bit.
- Finally added direct image uploads!
2.9.2 | 09-11-2017
- Added Gabe in Extra.
- Added Muffet in Undertale Extra.
2.9.1 | 07-11-2017
- Versotale was deactivated due to the request of the creator of the AU and the sprites.
- The custom character list now has a rating system.
2.9.0 | 26-10-2017
- The way the generator parses the parameters have been completelly rewritten.
- The order of the parameters doesn't matter anymore. Add them whenever you want. Put them in at the end, hell, do it in the middle of the text, it doesn't even care.
- Keep in mind that even if you add a parameter in the middle of the text, like the font parameter, it will still not change in the middle of the sentence. All the parameters are taken away from the text and applied before displaying it.
- In the case of duplicated parameters, the last one will be applied and the others will be ignored.
- Adding a expression without a character, for example, will do nothing. It won't display any kind of error, but it will not attempt to apply it.
- Adding parameters through separate GET parameters (undertale_box.png?character=demi&expression=happy&text=hello!) instead of inside the message parameter (undertale_box.png?message=character=demi+expression=happy+hello!) is now supported. If done that way, the text will go into the text parameter.
- If there's a text AND a message parameter, text will be ignored.
- If there's a message parameter and separate parameters for the other options, message will have priority.
- Trying to use an invalid URL for a custom character will throw a new error instead of crashing the text box.
This is a big update, but it mainly affects how the generator works when used from a third party app/tool.
2.8.2 | 19-10-2017
- All Sans' (Kalin's Classic Underswap) expressions were added.
2.8.1 | 18-10-2017
- An option to include the borders in the generated image has been added (the difference is not appreciated in the website).
- Mettacrit's (TS!Underswap) sprite was updated and all his expressions were added.
- All of Mad Dummy's (TS!Underswap) expressions were added.
- All of Asgore's (TS!Underswap) expressions are avaliable again.
- Alphys and Undyne (TS!Underswap) have been deactivated because of their inminent possible redesign.
2.8.0 | 17-10-2017
- Changed the image directory for the pictures the generator uses. However, this won't break external hotlinks, as they will be redirected.
- Added Asgore in Underswap (Classic).
- Added Kalin's version of Papyrus in Underswap (Classic).
- Added Kalin's verision of Sans in Underswap (Classic).
- Added Napstaton EX in Underswap (Classic).
- Added Mettaton EX in Undertale.
2.7.9 | 09-10-2017
- Added Grillby (sprite by Deacon) in Undertale (Extra).
- Added Omega Flowey (sprites by Pearl) in Undertale (Extra).
- Sans' extra expressions have been merged into Sans.
- Green Brand Underswap Papyrus' sprites have been updated and three new expressions were added.
- Added The Silent's box.
- Removed Revertswap Sans as the author requested.
2.7.8 | 07-10-2017
- A lot of vowel variations have been added to Papyrus' font, along with Ñ and Ç.
2.7.7 | 04-10-2017
- A lot of gramatical errors and some mistakes in the credits were fixed thanks to a comments (from Edgy Mc My Chemical Romance) that pointed those out. Thank you!
- Special characters (like ¡, ñ, á, è, î, ö, ú, ç, etc) are finally working. Papyrus, Earthbound and Wingdings will require to be edited to include them, though.
- The default dialogues have been translated to spanish.
- If an error crashes the text box generator and doesn't generate an image, an error box will show up in its place.
2.7.6 | 01-10-2017
- Added Blueberry and Carrot in Fanon Underswap.
- Fixed a bug that didn't generate transparent boxes.
2.7.5 | 30-09-2017
- Sans and Papyrus (TS!Underswap) were updated, and all their expressions were added.
- Small corrections in Papyrus' font (n and o won't appear lower than what they should anymore).
2.7.4 | 27-09-2017
- Now, right beneath the sharing options of your characters, there's a link to share it. It will work even if the character is not public.
- The character list now has the link to the character's sharing page in the title of every character.
- You can save custom characters through this page if you know its ID.
2.7.3 | 26-09-2017
- The character list page is now actually functional (I didn't notice some big mistakes, oops) and a little more optimized.
- The character creator page now asks for confirmation before deleting a character.
- Fixed a bug where some fonts didn't always have proper line breaks
2.7.2 | 25-09-2017
- The starting points of the three main fonts have been updated to be closer to how they looked in Undertale. Determination is the most accurate one at the moment.
2.7.1 | 23-09-2017
- All the pending expressions of Revenge Papyrus have been added.
2.7.0 | 19-09-2017
- You can now add characters from other people and use them in the generator from the character list (it needs to be optimized, though).
2.6.10 | 17-09-2017
- Added options in the character editor to select wether you want to share your characters in a future character list and if you want other people to be able to use it.
- Updated a lot of Lasterus' (Sudden Changes) expressions.
2.6.9 | 14-09-2017
- Added an option to generate a box in a 1:1 scale instead of 2:1.
2.6.8 | 12-09-2017
- Fixed the complete disaster of the last two versions.
- The page is now totally responsive to size changes without any issues.
- More cool buttons.
- Small changes were made to the info button to make it look better in mobile.
- Now you can change the name of your characters in the character editor.
2.6.6 | 11-09-2017
- Changed a lot of stuff in the code. If you don't notice, that means I did it right.
- Updated the Demi's (Extra) expression "pissed" and added "surprised", "embarassed", "shadow" and "shadow, pissed".
2.6.7 | 11-09-2017
- Reverted almost all the changes of the version 2.6.6 as it did everything overcomplicated, generated lots of bugs that I didn't understand (kill me) and I found an easiest method.
2.6.5 | 08-09-2017
- Added a button to upload images easily in the official website.
2.6.4 | 07-09-2017
- Updated A10's (Extra) sprites and removed the expressions "tongue out", "cute" and "depressed" but added "hit", "bleeding" and "bleeding, looking down".
- Added all Asgore's (TS!Underswap) expressions that doesn't contain spoilers.
- Added a lot of new errors to avoid the generation of invalid images when not inputting obligatory parameters like the URL when using a custom character or the text (specially for when the generator is used through external tools, none of these errors is possible if using it through this website).
- Added Temmie in Undertale Extra.
- Added a help icon next to the universe selector and the input for custom URLs that redirect to the FAQ.
2.6.3 | 05-09-2017
- Added the emerald expression to EmeraldHead.
- Added a new method to color sprites with multiple shades of white (it still doesn't work with custom sprites).
- Added the hability to color custom sprites if they have indexed colors.
- Added a FAQ.
- Previews now work with the characters saved in your account.
- Fixed a bug that made the character B (Extra) not usable.
- All of Demi's (Extra) sprites have been remade and the closed eyes expression has been added.
- Added Sanic Brand Spep (Extra).
- Added Green (Extra).
2.6.2 | 04-09-2017
- Added Papyrus in Sudden Changes.
- Added Sans in Sudden Changes.
- The update button (along with all the buttons in the website) is prettier now.
2.6.1 | 03-09-2017
- Updated the sprites of Emerald Head (Extra)
- Fixed the bug that was making Papyrus (Disbelief phase 1) to not work.
- When using the generator through external tools, lowercase and uppercase shouldn't be differentiated. Even though, using lowercase for the parameters is still recommended.
2.6.0 | 01-09-2017
- Sprites can now be colored! Be careful, you don't want to burn anyone's eyes. I recommend light colors.
- The Underfell color has been added to be used with underfell characters instead of the eye-bleeding red.
- Added the Sudden Changes universe.
- Added Lasterus in Sudden Changes.
- Added Asriel in Sudden Changes.
- Sprites of Sans (Classic Underfell) updated, removing the red by default and adding the crack in the head, which is now canon.
- Sprites of Papyrus (Classic Underfell) updated, removing the red by default and his pupils.
2.5.0 | 31-08-2017
- Fixed a bug of Green Brand Underswap in Extra that made the generator not work.
- Added Fallen Kingdom Papyrus.
- Added tags to Fallen Kingdom Sans to make the expression list look better.
- Added Classic Underfell Sans in Underfell.
- When using the generator from external tools, character=underfell-(name) will no longer give Primus!Underfell characters. Use character=prunderfell-(name) instead.
- Added new expressions to Sans (Undertale): blue eye and yellow eye.
- Improved the automatic new line to prevent the words from being written too close to the border.
- Revenge removed from Disbelief and added to its own group by request.
- Fixed a bug in Jack's preview in Extra.
- Fixed a bug in A-10's preview in Extra.
- Removed the names of the AU and sprite creators from the lists.
- Added a credits section at the bottom of the page to replace the names in the lists.
- Changed the timer of the update checker from 10 seconds to a minute.
2.5.1 | 31-08-2017
- Added new expressions for Undertale Sans in the custom section and moved the glowing eye sprites there. (Have fun with your roleplays versus Sans, I guess)
2.4.3 | 29-08-2017
- An update warning has been added. If the generator gets an update while you're using it, a red button will appear at the top right. Click it to update.
2.4.2 | 27-08-2017
- Changed the way color=rainbow looks. Now the color changes in every letter.
- Added Frisk and Chara in Undertale (Extra) (Sprites by SkellyHat)
2.4.1 | 26-08-2017
- Added letter spacing for the fonts that had them too close to each other. Will be improved in the future.
- Added Thunders (Jolteon) in extras.
2.4.0 | 25-08-2017
- Added a universe selector and grouped the characters in it, to reduce the lenght of the list. If you can't find an AU, it might have been grouped inside of the AU it's based on (for example: Underfell, Primus!Underfell and Fallen Kingdom are inside of the Underfell group).
- Added a bunch of new default messages.
- Added all of Asriel's expressions.
- Added the default sprite of Primus!Underfell Papyrus.
2.3.5 | 23-08-2017
- Classic Underswap Sans added (sprites by A2E).
- Classic Underswap Papyrus added (sprites by A2E).
- When using the generator through external tools, the underswap- prefix will no longer return TS!Underswap mugshots. Use tsunderswap- instead.
- Added Napstablook in Undertale Extra (sprites by Green).
2.3.4 | 21-08-2017
- The link to this generator has changed as all the generators has been moved to its own page.
2.3.3 | 14-08-2017
- All the images has been updated. The difference might not be noticeable.
- When the generator is used through a external tool, TS!Underswap characters now can be used through character=tsunderswap-(name) instead of character=underswap-(name), which will be used for Classic Underswap sprites once they're avaliable.
- Primus Underfell sprites can also be called through character=prunderfell-(name), and character=underfell-(name) will be used for Classic Underfell once it's avaliable.
- Added a preview of the sprite that will be used in the box before generating it.
2.3.2 | 13-08-2017
- Added all of Asgore's expressions.
- Added Rememberance Sans.
- Added Fallen Kingdom Sans.
- Fixed a bug that opened the developer mode in full screen.
- Moved the extra expressions for Papyrus to its own AU: Revenge.
2.3.1 | 12-08-2017
- Added all of Undyne's expressions.
2.3.0 | 11-08-2017
- Added Disbelief Papyrus.
- Added extra expressions for Papyrus.
- Improved the position and maxium sizes of the sprites that are bigger than the sprite area.
- Added some default images, selected at random.
- Added the character editor, a new system to save your own sprites in your profile. They will show up at the bottom of the character list.
2.2.1 | 09-08-2017
- Added a color selector for the box.
- Added an option to use or remove asterisks.
- Added a color selector for the first asterisk.
- Added WD Gaster in Undertale (Extra)
- Fixed a bug that made the direct link to the generator load the page without a selected generator.
2.2.0 | 08-08-2017
- Added the font selector.
- Added EarthBound's font.
- Added the new colors Catty and Bratty
- Papyrus' font is fully functional again! (Thanks to Carter Sande's excelent Pixelated Papyrus font.)
- Added the WingDings font. (Thanks to Sigmath6 por his Pixelated WingDings font)
2.0.1 | 07-08-2017
- Added support for custom characters.
- Fixed Papyrus' font a little more.
2.0.2 | 07-08-2017
- Added ChangeLog button to replace the command previously removed.
2.0.0 | 06-08-2017
- Completelly recoded the text box generator.
- Fixed Sans' font.
- Papyrus' font remade, a little buggy.
- Added Ness in EXTRA.
- Changelog command removed.
1.3.7 | 26-07-2017
- All of Alphys' 26 expressions added.
1.3.6 | 12-07-2017
- New expressions added for TimelessTale!Papyrus.
- Website improved.
1.3.4 | 11-07-2017
- Papyrus' font is now completelly functional.
1.3.5 | 11-07-2017
- Changelog command added (generates a box with the changelog when "changelog" is typed into the text field).
1.3.2 | 10-07-2017
- Papyrus uppercase added.
- Current-version command added (generates a box with the current version, along with the previous version and the last major update, when you type "current-version" in the text field).
1.3.3 | 10-07-2017
- Papyrus lowercase added.
Alternate Universes owners/creators
Addicted2Electronics: A2E Underswap and A2E Underfell.
AudaciousAnonJ: Name The Fallen.
Demirramon: Fallen Monsters, Demiverse and Demitale.
EmeraldHead: Steamed Tales.
Gibus: Classic Tubertale.
Green: Green Brand Underswap.
Hat: Monster Friends.
Kalin: Kalin Underswap.
Leo: Sudden Changes.
Primus: Primus Underfell.
squimp/boogerman: Four Suits.
Team Surge: Surge!Tubertale.
Team Switched: Team Switched Underswap.
Toby Fox: Undertale and Deltarune.
TrollsYOBuddy: Broken Memories.
Unbiennium: Shaded Ground.
Underswap+ Team: Underswap+.
Carter Sande for the Pixelated Papyrus and Sans fonts (which were edited by me to fix small mistakes).
Sigmath6 for the Pixelated WingDings font.